Last week, I had this brilliant idea to drown my sub anxiety. I thought, "Hey me, what if we wrote a book in a month?"
Other me: "But your last book took a year."
Me: So how cool would it be if I did it in a MONTH?!
OM: It's called NAnoWRiMo. And it's in November.
M: I never know which letters to capitalize.
OM: Don't change the subject.
M: But I'm going to write 100K though, not 50K. Yeah. YEAH. It's gonna be SWEET.
OM: Excellent. So by June 10th you'll have 100K of crap. Oh wait, except your first drafts are always 160,000 words.
M: Just on the first book!
OM: Aaaaaand your second was 135,000.
M: I cut it down!
OM: But it took two months.
M: YOU DON'T OWN ME!!
Soooo, looks like I'm writing a new book this month. After the first week, I've got 30,000 words. Wheeeee!!! It has been hell on my blogging though. Also hell on my not-getting-fired-from-my-job. I'm going to make it though. Because I have a secret weapon. Which I will reveal tomorrow in all it's tippy-tapping glory. No, it's not Scrivner. But it is Apple-y. Yeeeessssssss.
One of my friends challenged me to write a book in 20 days (just write it, not edit it), and I actually did it. When I finished, I was so excited...until editing came...hahahha :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, as per your request, I wrote a blog for my tips for writing quickly:
ReplyDeletehttp://thesubmissionprocess.blogspot.com/2011/05/speed-writing.html
(Sorry to be all, self-promotional blog on you, but I thought you might like to read it)