Monday, May 23, 2011

BOOKIES CONTEST

Okay! I decided it's finally time to withdraw fully from my damp, dripping, lonely writer cave and do a contest. Yes I know! A contest! Nobody on the internet has ever done this before!

What? They have? But did they have books and cookies? BOOKIES?

Why a contest? Because, well, the YA community is so excellent and sweet. I want to know more of you. That's my only motivation really. Also, I have too many cookies. Really, it's awful. I need some sort of cookie release valve. That's what this contest is. A cookie safety measure to prevent me and the boyfriend's tummies from sploding.

To win, all you have to do is follow the blog and/or twitter, then write a comment on this post. All comments will be entered! Yay! And if you win, you will get not one, but TWO YA books. Of your choice! Not even the crap I have lying around from when I was 12! Anything you want!

Just imagine, poor, shiftless writers of the interwebz: Divergent and Wither could be yours. Invincible Summer and The Liar Society. LA Candy and A Shore Thing. Just kidding, you can't have A Shore Thing. But everything else is on the table! (um, as long as it's still in print and costs less than, I don't know, $50?)

No
Plus I'll send you cookies! Good ones even! Unless you don't want them because you doubt my hygenic-ness. Which is fine too. I'll just go off somewhere and sob while I eat fistfuls of cookies. Lonely cookies. Lookies. 

Please don't make my stomach explode.

Contest closes at 3:47am PST Thursday morning.

14 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm in. But not because I'm trying to win books. Or even cookies. Just because you seem interesting.
    And you live kind of close, which is also cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got more books dowloaded on my kindle than I have time to read, but I'm terrible at baking.

    These cookies now... are they homemade or store bought? : D

    Fun contest, will be sharing this one with my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Andrew is my new friend and Clutzattack is even more awesome than she already was!

    Yes, yes, the cookies are definitely home-made! I may not be the greatest writer EVER, but I'm a pretty damn good baker, if I say so myself, which I just did. You can request cookie type even. Yes, I really am that awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah, and then there's also the part where we both have the word "strange" in our blog titles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your friend! But you don't have to send me cookies--even though I love cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Yes! Books! Over here! I'm not even really sure if I read YA (I'm an MG gal) but hey, what the heck, if you're sending cookies (lookies?) and it's for the cause of One Less Lonely Cookie out there in the world, then heck yes, I'm in. Thanks for the great contest! ;) I am following (stalking?) you on twitter, now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm following your blog and Twitter. And I agree. Clutz is awesome!
    P.S. I heart cookies & books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love new friends AND free books! :) Of course I follow you on Twitter, but for some reason your blog-follower widget isn't showing now... hmmm. I'll be back to follow officially soon. Thanks for the contest!

    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Hello BP and Jackie! Now I am following you too.

    Katy - my follow button isn't working? Crap crap crap. That makes this contest sort of difficult doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What if I want the crap that has been lying around since you were twelve? lol I'm a follower of both your blog and twitter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! Can agent-sisters who LOVVVVVE cookies enter? I don't have to enter to win the books, but the cookies? ME WANT! (Besides, I was already following your blog AND your Twitter, so that means I get an extra entry in the cookie pool, right? RIGHT?!?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE cookies! And YA books! This contest is perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chantele- trust me, you do not the crap that was laying around since I was twelve, unless you like THIS: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Wing-Death-Gate-Cycle/dp/0553286390

    Welcome Jessica Love, who understands the tribulations of teachers well! Sigh.

    Cambria - Yes agent sisters are welcome OF COURSE. You shall get books! But no extra entry! This is a nepotism-free blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! I've read those books! I almost even liked them. After Dragonlance, though, Hickman and Weiss demonstrated a lack of ability to end anything successfully. Brilliant beginnings that the ruined with horrible endings.

    ReplyDelete